Flexnetic Care & Cleaning Instructions
Flexnetic flooring is very durable and can last for many years if it is properly cared for. Understanding that the Flexnetic planks are made of wood/wood products, will help you care for this unique product and ensure that it maintains its beauty. Our laminate planks have a durable Advanced Surface Protection and our hardwood planks have an aluminum oxide UV finish. Both offer increased protection that allows for a better wearing finish if cared for and cleaned properly.
For daily cleaning maintenance, use a dust mop or a light vacuum without a beater bar. Floor cleaner can be used to remove excessive dirt/debris, we recommend Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner.
- DO NOT WET MOP – any excess water allowed to penetrate the Flexnetic planks may cause damage resulting in potential swelling, puckering, or bowing.
- Remove loose dirt with a dust mop. Never use a vacuum with a beater bar.
- Do not wax, polish, or use buffing machines.
- Do not use a steam mop.
- Use only cleaners that are designated for hardwood or laminate floor and do not saturate the floor with cleaner.
- If there is a spill or leak, quickly clean up the area. Remove the affected Flexnetic planks and dry any liquid that has reached the subfloor.
Tips for Caring for your Flexnetic Floor
- Use commercially rated mats in doorways and high-traffic areas to prevent wear and tear. Also, ensure that mats are periodically cleaned or dried out as often as needed. Keep in mind that due to light exposure, over time, mats may create a variance in the fading or discoloration of the Flexnetic planks.
- Occasionally rotate planks from high traffic areas to evenly distribute wear.
- Floor protectors should be used under furniture, heavy objects, or equipment to prevent scratching and denting.
- Never drag furniture across flooring as it may cause scratches.
- Avoid direct sunlight as Ultraviolet light can, over time, change the appearance of the wood.
- Maintain the recommended humidity and temperature conditions.